Terms and Conditions
The ElevateŽ Program is a program offered by Virgin America Inc. for Virgin America guests. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions of membership, the terms “Virgin America,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Virgin America Inc., a Delaware corporation, and, if applicable, its subsidiaries and affiliates. The terms “you” and “your” apply to you as a Member of the Elevate Program. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully since they apply each time you earn Elevate Program Points, redeem Rewards or enjoy benefits or services as an Elevate Program Member.
Virgin America may make changes to these terms or add additional terms from time to time. These changes are not required to be delivered as individual notifications to Elevate Members. When changes are made, Virgin America will make a new copy of these terms available at http://www.virginamerica.com/frequent-flyer/elevate-member-guide.html
You understand and agree that if you use any of the services provided by or connected with Virgin America after the date on which these terms or additional terms have changed, Virgin America will treat your use as acceptance of the updated terms or additional terms.
Elevate Program Membership is for individual travelers only.
As an Elevate Program Member, you must provide your name as it appears on documents you would show to airport security, your postal address, and your e-mail address. You are responsible for updating your Elevate Program account with any changes to your name or contact details. We will attempt to advise active Members of matters related to the Elevate Program using the information in your profile, but we will have no liability for any failure to do so, or for any form of correspondence lost, misdirected, delayed, designated as spam or otherwise undeliverable.
References to Points, unless otherwise stated, denote Points relating to the Elevate Program only. Elevate reward Points, benefits and other services have no cash value and are the property of Virgin America. Reward Points cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Your Membership account will be activated by earning reward Points. You can earn reward Points by flying on a Virgin America flight, using a Virgin America co-branded credit card, transacting with a Virgin America partner, or by any other method authorized by the Elevate Program for earning reward Points. If you do not activate your account within 18 months after enrollment, your account may be considered inactive.
- As an Elevate Program Member, you can retain all of your Elevate Program reward Points as long as you have earning or redemption activity posted on your own Elevate Program account at least once every 18 months (such as flights on Virgin America, completed reward travel, or purchases on your Virgin America co-branded credit card or with our other partners).
- Once activated, your account may become inactive if you fail to earn or redeem any reward Points over 18 consecutive months. If your account becomes inactive, all reward Points and related rewards in the account will be forfeited, leaving a zero balance in your account.
- When your account is inactive, you may not receive notification of program changes or other postal or electronic mailings about the Elevate Program.
Virgin America Flight Alerts
As an Elevate Program member, you may optionally enroll your account in the Virgin America Flight Alerts program. This program is eligible for Virgin America flights only, and will apply to all Virgin America flights booked through your account. Enrolment in the Virgin America Flight Alerts program is subject to the following conditions:
- Standard text messages rates and data charges from your wireless carrier apply to sending and/or receiving text messages. Supported carriers are: Alltel, ACG, AT&T, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin Mobile.
- We do not support web-based SMS services such as Google Voice.
- Flight Alerts can be sent 3, 2 or 1 hour(s) prior to departure depending on subscriber elections at the time of subscription, then periodically for delays and cancellations occurring within 3 hours of the estimated departure.
- Flight Alerts must be set up prior to the designated 3, 2, or 1 hour mark from departure and not within, as on-time departure alerts are not sent retroactively.
- Flight Alerts cannot be created when the flight is less than one hour from departure.
- Flight actions may occur at the airport within one hour from departure that are not updated in our system, so the information provided at the gate always supersedes flight alerts.
- Departure Delay Alerts are sent only if the delay is greater than 30 minutes or more, however if a previously delayed flight has a new estimated departure 15 minutes less than previously messaged, a Departure Delay Update message will be sent.
- You may opt out of individual flight alerts, but this will not unsubscribe your account from future Flight Alerts. You may update your Flight Alert preferences, or fully unsubscribe from the Flight Alerts program at any time by updating your preferences within your Elevate account.
Note: Please be aware that flights and times are subject to change without notice and that travelers should arrive at least 2 hours prior to regularly scheduled departure. Virgin America will do everything possible to ensure that we provide the most accurate flight status information at all times, however, Virgin America is not liable for non-delivery of messages and cannot guarantee the timeliness or reliability of email or SMS message receipt.
Earning Reward Points by Flying Virgin America
Only you as the person named on your Elevate Program account and as the person who flies will earn Elevate reward Points for your account. You will not earn reward Points for travel by other Virgin America guests or Elevate Program Members, including travel where you paid for the guest or other Member.
- Reward Points are credited based on the published, purchased base airfare paid on your individual eligible itinerary (excluding taxes and mandatory fees). The specific number of reward Points that will be credited for eligible flights, purchases and activities are available on the Virgin America website. The definition of eligible activities and transactions, as well as the amount of reward Points accrued for each, may change over time. The following are not eligible to earn reward Points:
- Airport facility charges,
- customs and immigration fees,
- security fees,
- baggage fees,
- in-flight purchases, and
- Other fees and taxes.
- You may transfer reward Points from your account to another Member's account as detailed on the Virgin America website. Point transfers are subject to a transfer fee. Reward Points can only be accrued one time for one seat per flight per Member, regardless of the number of seats purchased. Reward Points will not be credited for cancellations, refunds, unused bookings, or fraudulent bookings.
- Some travel is not eligible for earning reward Points. We reserve the right to determine which travel is eligible for earning reward Points and to make modifications at any time. Ineligible travel includes but is not limited to the following:
- reward travel,
- other free ticket promotions,
- non-revenue travel,
- tickets purchased as part of a travel package or from certain sources that resell our tickets.
- You are responsible for providing your Elevate Program Membership number in order to earn reward Points for eligible activities and for ensuring that reward Points or bonuses are properly credited to your account. You may report missing reward Points by going online, signing in to your Elevate Program account, and entering your passenger record number or the flight number plus the date and time of your flight. We must receive any claim for missing reward Points within 12 months from the date of travel. Eligible travel must occur no earlier than 30 days prior to your Elevate Program enrollment date as displayed in your Elevate Program account.
- From time to time, Virgin America may offer opportunities to earn reward Points for bonuses, promotional incentives, or other purchase opportunities. Such offers may be temporary in nature. We reserve the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. The offers are void where prohibited by law.
- Details of any Virgin America reward Points earned should appear on your account within 7 to 10 days of travel. You should save proof of your entitlement until the reward Points appear in your account. Virgin America may at its absolute discretion, determine whether any item of proof is sufficient. If any qualifying activity has not been added to your account within the above timeframe, requests for retrospective reward Point credits must be made within 12 months after the qualifying transaction date for reward Points earned with Virgin America flights.
Earning Reward Points with Our Partners
- Elevate Program partners may include airlines, credit card companies, rental car companies, hotels, or other entities who permit the accrual and/or redemption of Elevate reward Points to Members who use their benefits or services. Partners are independent entities and Virgin America is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by Elevate Program partners.
- Activities with Elevate Program partner which qualify for Elevate reward Points are set out in the Elevate Partner portion of the Virgin America website and may be limited, withdrawn, modified or cancelled at any time. Elevate Program Partner affiliations are subject to change at any time.
- You are responsible for providing your Elevate Program Membership number to our Elevate Program partners in order to earn reward Points for eligible activities and for ensuring that reward Points or bonuses are properly credited to your account.
- You accept that there may be some delay between eligible transactions with Elevate Program partners and the posting of corresponding reward Points in your Elevate Program account. Details of any partner reward Points credits should appear within 4 to 6 weeks of the activity. If any qualifying activity has not been added to your account within the above timeframe, requests for retrospective reward Point credits must be made within six months after the qualifying transaction date for reward Points earned with partners (including airline partners).
- You can earn reward Points with our partner airlines according to the accrual scheme set forth on our website. You will be earning reward Points based on a percentage of the Miles flown depending on the booking class of the operating carrier.
- You may only earn reward Points from participating partner companies for flights or other goods or services that are used by you personally, except in circumstances expressly provided for elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
- Once reward Points earned by flying with an airline partner have been credited to your Elevate Program account, the reward Points cannot be transferred between any other Elevate or other airline frequent flyer account.
- If you are also a member of any other Frequent Flyer, Frequent Guest or loyalty program such as an airline, car rental or hotel program, then you may only designate and earn credit in one program for any particular purchase or transaction unless specifically permitted by Virgin America or the partner in their terms. You will need to specify which program shall be credited prior to the activity that can earn program credit such as the departure of a flight. Virgin America reserves the right to prohibit, limit, withdraw, modify, or cancel without notice at any time the ability to buy, gift, transfer, trade, or replace reward Points with or for cash or credits in another program.
Redeeming Rewards with Virgin America
- The reward Points required to redeem an Elevate reward flight on Virgin America will be publicly available on a seat-and-flight-specific basis through the flight booking process. The number of reward Points required may change at any time until the Reward booking is confirmed and the required reward Points are applied as payment for the Reward. Any change to your Reward booking may result in a change in the number of reward Points required and may also have associated fees. If you cancel or do not board your Reward flight, additional fees may apply.
- The number of reward Points in your account must be sufficient for the particular Reward flight requested at the time of processing your redemption request. Reward flights will not earn reward Points. You may not pool or combine your Points with those of other Members to redeem a Reward flight, unless a member transfers reward Points from one Elevate Program account to another for a fee as stated on the Virgin America website.
- You may designate your Reward flight for your own use or for the use of any other individual subject to rules against the sale, barter or purchase of Elevate rewards.
- Members are responsible for all passenger facility charges, security fees, customer fees, taxes, and any other fees applicable to the Reward Travel, including excess baggage fees, cancellation fees, change fees, other service charges, and on-board purchases.
- The Rewards, services, and benefits offered in Elevate may be withdrawn or modified at any time. In accumulating reward Points or certificates, you may not rely upon the continued availability of any Reward, Reward level, benefit or service.
Redeeming Rewards with Our Partner Airlines
- You may redeem Partner Airline Rewards once you have a sufficient amount of reward Points posted on your account.
- Other Partner Airline Rewards are as set out on our website and are subject to change. The number of reward Points shown in the Partner Airline Points calculator are for information only and actual reward Points needed for travel will be provided by a Virgin America call center agent.
- Reward redemptions for Partner Airline flights are subject to availability and capacity control. Partner airlines may limit the number of reward seats available on any flight and may prohibit travel on certain days. Note that the partner airline routes described on our website might not be direct flights and that connections may apply.
- Reward flight redemptions do not include any applicable passenger taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, which may cost up to $2,000 and which will be charged to and payable by each guest. The amount of such fees is subject to change and are payable at the time of booking.
- Children travelling as unaccompanied minors or young persons travelling alone may travel on reward bookings at full adult mileage redemption levels.
- Infants under two years of age not occupying a seat must pay 10% of applicable adult fare in dollars. Reward bookings for infants are not permitted. For children aged 2 and older occupying a seat, the full adult fare will apply.
- When making changes to connecting flights there must be availability for all the connecting flights before the relevant changes can be applied.
- Once Partner Airline reward tickets are issued you may amend your travel date, route or class of service prior to travel for a fee. All changes are subject to availability.
- In the event that any of the Partner Airline’s operations are altered, suspended, cut-back or cancelled, we will try to book you on the next available flight. If we are unable to guarantee that any affected reward flights booked will be honored, reward Points will be reinstated to your account.
- Members travelling with baggage exceeding the limit set by a Partner Airline must pay the relevant excess baggage charge(s) directly to the partner airline at the departing airport on the day of travel.
Elevate Status Benefits
Elevate Members can earn Elevate Silver or Elevate Gold Status by earning sufficient Elevate status Points within a calendar year. Elevate status Points can be earned by flying with Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia, and for purchases made using a Virgin America Credit Card as set out below.
- To achieve Elevate Silver Status, you must earn 20,000 status Points within a calendar year
- To achieve Elevate Gold Status, you must earn 50,000 status Points within a calendar year
Please note, Elevate Status Benefits are earned based on status Points earned within a calendar year, and are not based on your total Elevate reward Points balance. Reward Points earned through promotions and partner offers, as well as certain non-qualifying flight purchases, do not earn status Points and therefore do not qualify towards Elevate Gold and Elevate Silver Status. Additionally, travel that is not eligible for earning reward Points will also not be eligible for earning status Points.
All membership cards issued to Elevate Status Members remain the property of Virgin America at all times and we reserve the right to have Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver membership cards returned to us on demand. Circumstances which will trigger an obligation to return an Elevate Status Benefits membership card include but are not limited to the following: your Elevate Status level changes, you breach the Virgin America Terms & Conditions; or your Elevate Membership terminates for any reason.
Membership Qualification Year
- Elevate Members must earn sufficient status Points within the Membership Qualification year to achieve or retain Elevate Silver or Elevate Gold Status.
- The Elevate Status qualification year is based on a calendar year and runs from January 1 to December 31 each year.
Membership Benefit Year
- The Elevate Status Benefit Year runs from January 1st to February 28th.
- Your Benefit year runs from the time you qualify during the initial qualification year, and through to the end of the following full calendar year.
- If you do not re-qualify for Elevate Status in a subsequent Membership Qualification Year, your Elevate Status Benefits will expire on February 28th after the end of the Elevate Status Benefit year.
For example, if you earn 20,000 status Points between August 8 and December 31 2012, you will earn Elevate Silver Status for the remainder of 2012 as well as for the full 2013 Membership Benefit Year. If you do not re-qualify for the 2014 Membership Benefit Year, your Elevate Silver Status will expire on February 28. 2014.
Qualifying Status Points
Flights with Virgin America:
- Elevate Members can earn status Points for their flights purchased with dollars from Virgin America upon completion of travel. Status Points will be awarded based on the published, purchased base fare paid (excluding taxes and mandatory fees) on your own individual eligible fares and other specified activities. Airport facility charges, customer and immigration fees, security fees, baggage fees, in-flight purchases and other fees and taxes are not eligible to earn status Points. The specific number of status Points that will be awarded for eligible flights, purchases and activities will be available on the Virgin America website. The definition of eligible activities and transactions, as well as the amount of status Points accrued for each may change over time.
- Some travel is not eligible for earning status Points. We reserve the right to determine which travel is eligible for earning status Points and to make modifications at any time. Ineligible travel includes but is not limited to the following:
- reward travel,
- other free ticket promotions,
- non-revenue travel,
- tickets purchased as part of a travel package or from certain sources that resell our tickets.
- Unless otherwise specified, any bonus reward Points earned, including the Elevate Gold (100%) and Elevate Silver (25%) bonus rewards Points for Virgin America flights, do not qualify towards Elevate Status Benefits.
- Virgin America reserves the rights to change the Elevate status Points accrual rate at any time.
- From time to time, Virgin America may offer opportunities to earn status Points for bonuses, promotional incentives, or other purchase opportunities. Such offers may be temporary in nature. We reserve the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. The offers are void where prohibited by law.
Flights with Partner Airlines:
- Status Points are earned for eligible flights on Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia, when reward Points are credited into a member’s Elevate account. The specific number of status Points that will be earned for eligible flights on partner airlines will be available on the Virgin America website. The definition of eligible activities and transactions, as well as the amount of status Points accrued for each may change over time.
- Reward travel on partner airlines does not qualify to earn status Points
Purchases made using a Virgin America Visa Card (up to December 31, 2013):
- Virgin America Visa Fee card: Earn 10,000 qualifying status Points after $25,000 spend per calendar year. Spend is based on reward Points awarded in a calendar year and posted monthly at time of statement close.
- Virgin America Visa No-Fee card: earn 5,000 qualifying status Points after $25,000 spend per calendar year. Spend is based on reward Points awarded in a calendar year and posted monthly at time of statement close.
- Each year will be measured based on billing cycle end dates beginning in January and ending in December of the applicable year, regardless of account open date. Any eligible purchases made after the December billing cycle end date will be applied to toward the next year's status point earnings. Approximately 6-8 weeks after the billing cycle end date in which the $25,000 in eligible purchases threshold has been reached, the 10,000 or 5,000 status Points earned, as applicable, will be posted to the cardholder's Elevate account.
Purchases made using a new Virgin America Visa Card (from January 2, 2014):
- Virgin America Premium Visa Card with $149 Annual Fee: Virgin America Premium Visa Cardholders will receive 5,000 status Points for each $10,000 of Net New Purchases made using your card, up to a maximum of 15,000 status Points per calendar year, provided that you have paid the Annual Fee and your Account is open and not in default at the time Points are posted. Any status Points earned on Net New Purchases made after the December billing cycle end date will be applied towards the following calendar year's status Points earnings. Status Points will post to your Elevate account approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle end date in which you reach each $10,000 of Net New Purchases. Status Points count toward reaching or renewing your Elevate status in the qualification year in which they are posted.
- If the status Points posted to your Elevate account in any qualification year exceed your earned status threshold, the status Points will be applied to the following year's status qualification. Subject to credit approval. The Virgin America VisaŽ Credit Cards are issued by Comenity Capital Bank, pursuant to a license from Visa USA. For full program terms and conditions, visit www.virginamerica.com/creditcard.
- Please note: The new Virgin America Visa Card with $49 Annual Fee is not eligible to earn bonus status Points.
Unless otherwise specified, reward Points earned through other Elevate activities such as purchases through Elevate partners, reward Points purchases, reward Points gifts, or reward Points transfer activities are not eligible to earn status Points.
Express Seat Selection
- Elevate Gold and Elevate Silver Members are eligible to choose Express seats free of charge at the time of booking. The standard fee for Express seating applies to any other guests on the same itinerary, or traveling with the Status Member on a different reservation.
- Seats in Express are subject to availability.
Complimentary Upgrades to Main Cabin Select
- Complimentary upgrades to Main Cabin Select entitles eligible Elevate Status Members to a one-way upgrade to Main Cabin Select at no additional charge for travel on Virgin America operated flights only.
- Complimentary upgrades are valid only on scheduled flights marketed as and operated by Virgin America. Complimentary upgrades are not valid on code-share flights.
- Complimentary upgrades are subject to availability and capacity controls, and are limited to a single one-way trip. Connecting flights are treated as two one-way flights.
- Complimentary upgrades are only valid on individual published-fare tickets. Complimentary upgrades are not valid for reward travel.
- Eligible Elevate Gold and Elevate Silver Members are required to opt-in at the time of booking to receive this benefit.
- A complimentary upgrade request may be made on tickets purchased from any authorized travel agency, through the Virgin America call center, or from virginamerica.com for a single guest itinerary. Opaque, net, bulk fares, infant tickets, guests travelling with pets, or purchased extra seats are not eligible for complimentary upgrades.
- Complimentary upgrades for Elevate Gold Members are processed 24 hours prior to departure.
- Complimentary upgrades for Elevate Silver Members are processed 12 hours prior to departure.
- If a complimentary upgrade to Main Cabin Select cannot be processed automatically, Elevate Status Members may request to be added to an Upgrade Waitlist at the airport.
- Virgin America cannot guarantee an upgrade to a particular Main Cabin Select seat. Main Cabin Select includes some seats in the Aircraft Emergency Exit row which come with additional responsibilities. If the Member chooses not to occupy the Main Cabin Select seat assigned as part of the upgrade, or is unable or unwilling to perform the emergency duties required by the FAA for Emergency Exit row seats, we will do our best to reseat the Member in another Main Cabin Select seat if available, or alternatively in the best Main Cabin seat available. We cannot guarantee a particular seat assignment in Main Cabin or the seat booked in the original itinerary prior to the upgrade being processed.
- If, after ticketing, your ticket must be reissued, a charge may apply based on your purchased fare and your complimentary upgrade will need to be requested again.
- Any tax liability is the responsibility of the Member.
- In the event of a flight cancellation or off-schedule operation, Virgin America will attempt to honor your complimentary upgrade on another of our flights. If the Member is accommodated on another carrier, it will be in the same class of service as the ticket that was originally purchased.
- Members may be asked to show identification at any time during travel.
Advanced Purchase Window for First Class Upgrades
- Elevate Gold Members are eligible to purchase First Class upgrades online or through the Virgin America call center from 24 hours prior to departure for themselves and up to one travel companion who is travelling on the same flight as the member. Elevate Gold Members with more than one travel companion on their itinerary will need to contact the Elevate Gold Reservations line to purchase First Class upgrades from 24 hours prior to departure for themselves and up to one of their travel companions.
- Elevate Silver Members are eligible to purchase First Class upgrades from 12 hours prior to departure, for themselves and up to one travel companion who is travelling on the same flight as the Member. Elevate Silver Members with more than one travel companion on their itinerary will need to contact the Elevate Silver Reservations line to purchase First Class upgrades from 12 hours prior to departure for themselves and up to one of their travel companions.
- All other Members are eligible to purchase First Class upgrades from 6 hours prior to departure.
- Purchased First Class upgrades are non-transferable and cannot be used by anyone other than the Member.
- Standard upgrade fees apply for purchased First Class Upgrades. Purchased upgrade prices are subject to change without notice.
- If an Elevate Status Member receives a complimentary Main Cabin Select upgrade, the applicable First Class upgrade fee is the standard fee for upgrading to the next class of service.
Priority Airport Services
- Elevate Status Members are able to check-in at the Virgin America First Class counter where available.
- Elevate Status Members are able to utilize Priority Security lines at Virgin America airports. Priority Security access may not be available at all times or at all airports. Elevate Status Members will be required to use standard security lines where Priority Security access is not available.
- Elevate Status Members will be able to board the aircraft during the Priority Boarding window prior to boarding group A.
- All Priority Airport Services are available when the Member is travelling on Virgin America operated flights only.
Waived Baggage Fees & Priority Baggage Handling
- Eligible Elevate Gold Members will receive up to three (3) checked bags free of charge when flying with Virgin America.
- Eligible Elevate Silver Members will receive one (1) checked bag free of charge when flying with Virgin America.
- Free checked bag allowances are applicable when the Member is travelling on Virgin America operated flights only.
- The Elevate Status Member’s Elevate account number must be listed in the reservation.
- Free checked bags are limited to a maximum of 50 lbs per bag. All bags must meet weight and size restrictions or will be subject to extra fees in accordance with published baggage fees.
- An Elevate Status Member’s free checked bag allowance cannot be combined with the cabin baggage allowance. Any bags checked in excess of the Member’s free allowance will be charged in accordance with published baggage fees.
- The Elevate Status Members’ checked luggage will be marked with Priority tags at the airport, irrespective of the cabin booked.
Virgin America Loft at LAX Access
- Eligible Elevate Gold Members will receive three (3) complimentary Loft access passes per Membership Benefit Year.
- Eligible Elevate Silver Members will receive two (2) complimentary Loft access passes per Membership Benefit Year.
- Complimentary Loft access passes issued to Elevate Status Members are valid for use until the end of the Member’s Membership Benefit Year. Each pass is good for a one person, one time access to the Lounge.
- Complimentary access passes are non-transferable and must be used either by the Member, or by a guest accompanying the Member.
- Elevate Status Members may purchase additional access passes at discounted rates directly from the Loft on their day of travel, for themselves and any accompany guests.
- Elevate Status Members must present a valid Virgin America boarding pass for same-day travel when entering the Loft using their available complimentary access passes, or to purchase additional access passes at discounted rates.
- Any guests accompanying the Elevate Status Member must also present a valid Virgin America boarding pass for same-day travel in order to access the Loft using an Elevate Status Member's complimentary access pass or a discounted access pass.
Choose Your Own Sale Day:
- Eligible Elevate Gold Members will receive two (2) 25% discount promotional codes per Membership Benefit Year.
- Eligible Elevate Silver Members will receive one (1) 25% discount promotional code per Membership Benefit Year.
- Bookings using 25% discount promotional codes must be made December 31 of the current Membership Benefit Year.
- Validity: All 25% discount promotional codes are limited for use for Main Cabin non-refundable revenue bookings only and include fare classes: N, S, L, I, M, U, E, H, B, V
- Discount promotional codes cannot be used toward bookings in refundable Main Cabin, Main Cabin Select, Instant Upgrade to MCS and First Class.
- 14 day advance purchase is required.
- Blackout dates as published on the Virgin America website apply. The discount promotional codes are valid only for nonstop or connecting travel; discount promotional codes are not valid for any multi-city itineraries. The 25% discount promotional code will be deducted off of the base fare. Base fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.80 per domestic segment.
- Discount promotional codes may not be redeemed for cash. Promotional codes are not eligible for Elevate points redemption bookings. Promotional codes may only be used for bookings made on virginamerica.com and are only valid on itineraries of 1. The promotional code is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. If travel is changed or cancelled, the discount promotional code will become invalid.
Overall Program Terms
- Virgin America reserves the right to terminate Elevate without notice, so that, regardless of how much you participate in Elevate, your right to accumulate reward Points, status Points, benefits, and claim rewards or services can be terminated at such time as Virgin America specifies.
- Participation as an Elevate Member is subject to any terms and conditions, rules, policies and procedures that Virgin America may at its discretion change at any time without notice.
- Virgin America also reserves the right to make changes in the Elevate Terms & Conditions, accrual rates, Reward structure, or levels of reward Points required for any or all Rewards, in whole or in part, at any time, such as raising or lowering reward Points levels, revising the procedures and rules for reward Points and status Points accrual, Reward redemption, or limiting the period for which accrued reward Points are valid. Any changes can be made without advance notice. Virgin America may make these changes even though such changes may affect the Member’s ability to use reward Points already accumulated.
- Your right to transfer or assign reward Points, benefits, services, or Rewards earned or granted under Elevate is strictly limited. The sale of reward Points, Rewards, benefits, or services is prohibited and may result in the confiscation or cancellation of your reward Points, Rewards, benefits, or services as well as suspension or termination of your Elevate Membership. Any person attempting to use such tickets will not be permitted to travel unless they purchase a ticket at the applicable fare.
- Any failure to follow Elevate Terms, any abuse of Elevate privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interest of Virgin America or other guests, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to Virgin America or its partners may result in the suspension or termination of Elevate Membership, the cancellation of accrued Points, rewards, benefits, and/or services.
- Virgin America reserves the right to audit any or all Elevate accounts at any time for compliance with Elevate Terms.
- Elevate reward Points, Rewards, benefits, and services are subject to applicable government regulations and are void where prohibited.
Prohibition of sale or barter
- The sale or barter of Elevate reward Points, rewards or benefits other than as authorized and/or sponsored by Virgin America is expressly prohibited. Any rewards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or canceled. The use of reward tickets that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other conduct in violation of Program Rules may result in termination of membership, cancellation of accrued Elevate reward Points, rewards or benefits, confiscation of the tickets, denial of boarding with respect to the ticket holder, and at Virgin America's discretion, completion of the travel only upon payment of an applicable fare.
January 6, 2014.