VIRGIN AMERICA ANNOUNCES INTEL CFO STACY J. SMITH TO JOIN BOARD OF DIRECTORS
San Francisco – January 29, 2014 – Virgin America today announces that Intel Corp. Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Stacy J. Smith will join the Company's Board of Directors.
"We are very pleased to welcome Stacy to the Board of Directors," said Donald J. Carty, Virgin America's Chairman of the Board. "With his extensive background within the tech industry and strong executive leadership experience in sales, corporate strategy and finance, Stacy will bring a fresh perspective to the Board as the airline prepares for the next phase of its growth."
Smith currently serves as Intel's Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. In addition to his Finance and Information Technology responsibilities, Smith previously also held executive positions in Sales and Marketing at Intel. Smith joined Intel after receiving his MBA in Finance from the University of Texas in 1988.
"It is a privilege to join the Board of the only California — and Silicon Valley — based airline," Smith said. "Virgin America is known for reinventing the travel experience through better technology, design and guest service. I look forward to contributing to the future success of Virgin America as the company progresses to the next exciting chapter of the Virgin America story."
# # #
About Virgin America: Headquartered in California, Virgin America offers guests attractive fares and a host of innovative features aimed at reinventing air travel. Virgin America was named "Best Domestic Airline" in the Condé Nast Traveler 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 "Readers' Choice" Awards and "Best Domestic Airline" in Travel + Leisure's 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 "World's Best" Awards. The airline's base of operations is San Francisco International Airport (SFO)'s sleek and sustainable Terminal 2. The airline's new aircraft offer interactive in-flight entertainment systems and power outlets near every seat. Virgin America offers Gogo™ WiFi on every flight and hosts the largest in-flight entertainment library in the North American skies via the touch-screen Red™ platform. Virgin America is a private company and has a U.S.-controlled Board of Directors. The Virgin Group owns 25 percent of the voting stock of the airline, with the remaining 75 percent held by U.S. investors — VAI Partners, LLC. For more: www.virginamerica.com
Media Contact: Jennifer Thomas, 650-762-7152 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of Virgin America's unique aircraft: http://www.virginamerica.com/about/airline-photos/virgin-america-pictures.html
Broadcast quality video b-roll can also be downloaded at: https://www.virginamerica.com/html/39049.zip
EDITORS NOTE: Virgin America is a U.S.-controlled, owned and operated airline. It is an entirely separate company from Virgin Atlantic. Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group is a minority share investor in Virgin America.