Not all travel insurance companies are the same!
- Q. What is the pre-existing condition waiver and how can I qualify?
- A. If insurance is purchased within 24 hours of initial trip payment, the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion will be waived. This is applicable to all coverages contained in the policy. You must be medically able to travel when you pay your premium. In the event a claim is filed, the injury or illness must be substantiated to our Claims Department.
- Q. Does everyone need to purchase the insurance?
- A. Our plan is on a per person basis. Each person only needs to cover his or her own trip arrangements.
- Q. Are there co-payments or deductibles with your plan?
- A. There are no deductibles or co-payments required.
- Q. What does this plan cover for cancellation?
- A. The plan covers if you have an unforeseen sickness, injury or death of yourself, a family member or a traveling companion. The plan also covers for inclement weather, unforeseen labor strikes affecting public transportation, and unforeseen traffic accidents.
- Q. Can you cancel your trip for any reason?
- A. Only certain unforeseen circumstances would be covered. A list of these circumstances is included in the Description of Coverage.
- Q. What happens if someone not traveling becomes ill or passes away?. Is this covered?
- A. An illness or death of a family member not traveling with you would be covered; however, the same pre-existing medical condition clause would apply. The definition of a family member is included in the Description of Coverage.
- Q. Will Travel Guard track my baggage if it is lost? And if so, for how long?
- A. If your baggage is lost while you are covered under the plan, we do track your baggage for one full year, or until is has been found.
- Q. When does the coverage begin?
- A. The coverage for trip cancellation begins at 12:01 am the day after the plan cost is submitted.
- Q. How do I file a claim?
- A. To file a claim, you can call Travel Guard 1.877.295.9622 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central time and start your claim on line. One of our claims analysts will go through and fill out the claim form for you and explain what needs to be provided in order to pay your claim. The form will then be faxed or mailed to you to provide that information.