About Virgin America:
Launched in August 2007, Virgin America is a California-based airline on a mission to make flying good again with brand-new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service and a host of innovative amenities. The airline's current base of operations is San Francisco International Airport’s (SFO) sleek and sustainable new Terminal 2. Virgin America flies to Austin (AUS), Boston (BOS), Cancun (CUN), Chicago (ORD), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Los Cabos (SJD), New Jersey (EWR), New York (JFK and LGA), Orlando (MCO), Palm Springs (PSP - seasonal), Portland (PDX), Puerto Vallarta (PVR), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and Washington D.C. (IAD and DCA). Virgin America has created 2,800 new jobs and swept the major travel awards for the quality of its service. The airline’s no black-out date frequent flyer program, Elevate®, has 3.4 million members.
The Virgin America Experience:
The second you step onto a Virgin America plane, you know it’s a different kind of airline. You’re welcomed by mood-lit cabins, custom-designed leather seats and the most advanced entertainment system in the skies. The Virgin America experience was designed to be like no other, marrying stylish design and innovative technology. The airline provides upscale flights and gives guests control over their in-flight experience.
All new Airbus A320-family fleet with highly customized design and interiors.
- One-of-a-kind moodlighting, with 12 shades that adapt to outside light
- 110v power outlets and USB jacks near every seat
- 9-inch video touch-screens and QWERTY keyboard/remote controls at every seat
- Main Cabin with custom-designed, deeper and more comfortable leather seats
- Main Cabin Select with 38-inch pitch, dedicated overhead luggage space and priority check-in, security access and boarding
- First Class with plush white leather seats, lumbar massagers and 55-inch seat pitch/165-degree recline
The Red® system is generations ahead of any in-flight entertainment system in the U.S. skies. Red allows guests to control what they watch, when and what they want to eat or drink, and what they want to listen to via touch-screen or remote control.
- More than 20 on-demand movies and 24 television channels
- Kids’ entertainment section with parental controls
- 3,000 MP3 library and ability to create own play-list
- A videogame library
- Interactive Google Maps, so guests can track their flights at eight levels of zoom
- Onboard seat-to-seat chat messaging
- World’s first on-demand food and drink ordering system at every seatback
- Seat-to-seat delivery feature that allows guests to send a cocktail, snack or meal to a fellow traveler onboard their flight using a digital seat map
- First and still only U.S. airline to offer fleetwide in-flight WiFi
- Power outlets at every seat
Since launch, Virgin America has captured a list of industry best-in-class awards:
- Best Domestic Airline, Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Best U.S. Business/First Class in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Business Travel Poll
- Best U.S. Airline, Consumer Reports, 2013
- Ranked No. 1 performing U.S. airline in the 2013 and 2014 Airline Quality Rating report
- Best Domestic Airline in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards — Best Domestic Airline for Food in 2009 and 2014
- Ranked No. 1 Domestic Airline in Travel + Leisure and Fortune 2014 Best in Business Travel Survey
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Virgin America is committed to conducting business in a way that is consistent with its values and supports many worthy causes and community organizations, including Stand Up to Cancer, Virgin Unite, KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) and Make-A-Wish Foundation Greater Bay Area. As the only California-based airline, the carrier is committed to finding new ways to lead the industry on climate issues.
- Brand new fleet is up to 20% more fuel and carbon efficient than the average fleet in the U.S.
- LEED® Silver-certified headquarters, LEED® Gold-certified home at Terminal 2
- Virgin America achieved the highest possible LEED® Platinum certification in its T2 office spaces and “Virgin Village” teammate lounge
- First domestic airline to offer carbon offset option in-flight, via the Red® system
- First U.S. airline to document its carbon footprint via the Climate Registry’s accepted standards