Virgin America Announces Summer Loving Fare Sale
One more reason to love summer: fares that won't leave you sweating over your next credit card bill
San Francisco, Calif. - May 19, 2008- Virgin America, the California-based airline aimed at making flying good again, today announced a 5-day summer fare sale* for travel to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, Washington D.C., San Diego, and Seattle.
With baseball season, Hollywood blockbusters and beach BBQs fired up all over the land, Virgin America is giving travelers one more reason to love summer: incredibly low fares to anywhere Virgin America flies. So get off your lawn chair and grab a seat for less on one of the coolest planes in the skies. With a 9 inch video-screen at every seat with 25 movie choices ? including latest releases, 3,000 MP3s, live TV, videogames, power outlets, seat-to-seat chat and the first on-demand in-flight food ordering system, Virgin America is an airline you'll love and the coolest way to kick off your hot summer getaway.
Hurry up and grab a seat, these fares are too hot to last:
- $179 San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK)*
- $169 San Francisco (SFO) to Washington DC (IAD)*
- $73 San Francisco (SFO) to Seattle (SEA)*
- $59 San Francisco (SFO) to Los Angeles (LAX)*
- $66 San Francisco (SFO) to Las Vegas (LAS)*
- $49 San Francisco (SFO) to San Diego (SAN)*
- $179 Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK)*
- $83 Los Angeles (LAX) to Seattle (SEA)*
- $169 Los Angeles (LAX) to Washington DC (IAD)*
Tickets are on sale today on Virgin America's website (www.virginamerica.com) and at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (1.877.359.8474). Tickets must be purchased by May 23, 2008, for travel between May 28-June 25, 2008.*
Attractive fares are also available for Virgin America's conveniently-timed connecting flights:
- $189 New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS)*
- $189 New York (JFK) to San Diego (SAN)*
- $189 New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA)*
- $179 Washington DC (IAD) to Seattle (SEA)*
- $179 Washington DC (IAD) to San Diego (SAN)*
- $179 Washington DC (IAD) to Las Vegas (LAS)*
- $99 Seattle (SEA) to San Diego (SAN)*
- $79 Seattle (SEA) to Las Vegas (LAS)*
Virgin America currently flies to seven cities with daily flights from: SFO to LAX, SFO to JFK, SFO to SAN, SFO to IAD, SFO to LAS, SFO to SEA, LAX to JFK, LAX to IAD and LAX to SEA.
# # #
Abby Lunardini, (650) 533-7576/ firstname.lastname@example.org
About Virgin America:
Launched in August 2007, Virgin America is a California-based airline that offers guests attractive fares and a host of innovative features aimed at reinventing air travel. Virgin America's base of operations is San Francisco International Airport's ultra-modern and convenient International Terminal. The airline's new Airbus A320-family aircraft offer guests interactive in-flight entertainment systems, power outlets for laptops and other electronic devices and a host of other innovative features aimed at making flying good again. In Zagat's 2007 Global Airlines Survey of frequent fliers, the airline was ranked #1 among U.S. carriers for quality in First/Business Class and #2 for quality in Main Cabin. To learn more:www.virginamerica.com
* Terms & Conditions: All Main Cabin fares are one way. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets must be purchased by May 23, 2008. Travel must commence on or after May 28, 2008 and must be completed by June 25, 2008. Changes or cancellations can be made for a $40 fee, plus any increase in fare if applicable. Tickets purchased from Virgin America through our reservation call centers will cost an additional $10 per passenger per itinerary. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.50 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares are not applicable to check-through connecting flights for city pairs where direct flights are offered.