Virgin America Rolls Out Main Cabin Select And Refundable Fares
Main Cabin Select Class Offers Legroom Plus Perks, New Fares Offer Flexible Options for Busy Travelers
San Francisco — Oct. 6, 2008 — Virgin America, the California-based airline on a mission to make flying good again, today announced the availability of two new travel options – “Main Cabin Select” service and the introduction of fully refundable fares. In response to customer requests, Virgin America is launching the innovative options to provide more flexibility for today’s busy travelers, as well as a new class of service with premium amenities.
Fully refundable fares are available for purchase only at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (1.877.359.8474). The previously announced Main Cabin Select class of service is now available for sale on Virgin America’s Web site (www.virginamerica.com) and at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (1.877.359.8474). Main Cabin Select class travel is available for booking now for travel from November 3, 2008.
“We’re continuing to respond to input from our guests on how to reinvent the domestic flying experience with creative amenities and options designed around how guests actually want to travel today,” said Virgin America President and CEO David Cush. “You can’t always predict last-minute changes to your travel plans, whether for business or leisure. Our fully refundable fares will give guests the option to change their itinerary or even receive a full refund, should their plans change.”
Virgin America’s fully refundable fares apply to one-way main cabin fares and provide the following options:
- Fully refundable up to time of departure;
- Transferable with name changes up to time of departure;
- Changes or cancellations are permitted without a fee until the time of departure, with the difference in fares either collected or refunded;
- No blackout dates;
- No minimum or maximum stay requirements (as with all Virgin America fares);
- No advanced purchase required;
- “No shows,” or reservations not changed or cancelled prior to departure, will be turned into a credit valid for travel on Virgin America for one year from the date of issuance.
Main Cabin Select class offers guests the greatest available legroom within the existing seating configuration – at 38-inches of seat pitch in the exit row and in the bulkhead – as well as a host of perks that every traveler loves. Main Cabin Select offers many of the upscale features and amenities of Virgin America’s award-winning First Class cabin at competitive fares.
“Main Cabin Select is for the business or leisure traveler who wants a more streamlined boarding process, a spacious, custom-designed leather seat, an unlimited all-access pass to the most extensive in-flight entertainment library in the skies, and the ability to order complimentary cocktails, food and snacks right from their seatback video touch-screen or remote control,” Cush said. “In short, this is for the traveler who wants an upscale experience for far less than what they would pay for business class on someone else.”
Main Cabin Select service offers:
- Complimentary food, cocktails, and beverages from the full in-flight menu, via the airline’s unique touch-screen food ordering system;
- All-access pass to the Red In-flight Entertainment™ system’s countless on-demand entertainment options, including premium TV and films (currently live TV, videogames, Google Maps, MP3s and music videos are complimentary for every class of service);
- 38-inches of seat pitch;
- Dedicated overhead bin space for luggage.
In addition to in-flight amenities, Main Cabin Select offers guests premium services before leaving the ground:
- Priority check-in at airports;
- Priority security screening, where available;
- Priority aircraft boarding;
- No change fees.
Virgin America flies to seven cities, including: SFO to LAX, SFO to JFK, SFO to SAN, SFO to IAD, SFO to LAS, SFO to SEA, LAX to JFK, LAX to IAD, LAX to SEA, and now non-stop from JFK to LAS.
# # #
Virgin America: Abby Lunardini, (650) 533-7576/ firstname.lastname@example.org
EDITORS NOTE: Virgin America is a U.S. controlled and operated airline and an entirely separate company from Virgin Atlantic. Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group is a minority share investor in Virgin America.
About Virgin America:
Launched in August 2007, Virgin America is a California-based airline that offers guests attractive fares and a host of innovative features aimed at reinventing air travel. Virgin America’s base of operations is San Francisco International Airport’s ultra-modern and convenient International Terminal. The airline’s new Airbus A320-family aircraft offer interactive in-flight entertainment systems and power outlets for electronic gear. In September 2008, Virgin America was rated the “Best Business Class” among U.S. carriers in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2008 Business Travel Poll. In July 2008, Virgin America was named “Best Domestic Airline” in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. In Zagat’s 2007 Global Airlines Survey, the airline was ranked #1 among U.S. carriers for quality in First/Business Class. To learn more: www.virginamerica.com